Thursday, October 1, 2015

ACWC Fashion Show



One of those wear-anywhere white dresses - this piece was also actually from my wardrobe, worn to my Senior Mass at The Aquinas Institute if Rochester…tattoos covered of course ;)! Dress: Ralph Lauren (You know you're in Fashion when...zipper fail?! no problem, easily solved with deodorant [no candles in the dressing room!]), Shoes: Steve Madden

Though the 2015 Wyoming County Arts Council art exhibit and fashion show have now come to an end, I am sitting here reflecting, hoping that the night will last (at least the ideas, perspectives and most of the styles that is)! I have done my fair share of finding clothes, styling, shooting, creating, collaborating, incorporating et cetera et cetera - and finally, here tonight, all of the hard work truly paid off. I must also mention the amazing ladies I had the opportunity to work with through both events and they are Kate Trowse (also in the Fashion Bus. program) and Ashley Biondo (GCC alumni).

Everyones hard work and dedication, their love for the finer things: both art and style, these are the components that made the event both possible and memorable. I was so lucky to have been able to have a few members of my family in attendance, seen below xoxo as always thank you so much for your love and support! Check out these photos and stay tuned as I continue to receive more awesome shots/ videos and other memories from this spectacular show. PS: I am so glad the initial creative thinking I do when planning goes right on to paper --> hence the disco ball above the 70's section of the art exhibit, which was also a perfect touch next to the runway this evening, if I do say so myself. It's to be expected that I had so much fun given the opportunity to work with the great vintage finds, but always a pleasant surprise to work and meet the nicest, most innovative people along the way!




This suede coat that I wore for the show was SO cute, love at first sight, stylish, 70's vibes; Brand: Wilson's Leather

Yes, that is indeed a yellow leisure suit - you like, we LOVE.




















Tumblr/Prabally Styled By Lauren Outfit for the Night of the Show (OOTN) 










Kate rockin' the runway xo





One of my very own awesome vintage pieces on the runway - having a Cher/Clueless moment!
















I am going to provide you all with the AMAZING story behind this gorgeous lady and her awesome dress! In short, her husband (also one of the great MC's we had for the evening) surprised her with a date night where she was able to design this dress from start to finish. Take notes gentlemen - I am pretty sure this is any girls dream!















STYLE Notes - What to Remember: Life. Fashion. Professional.

  • The show must go on. Arrive on time. Always. No matter what time everyone else happens to get there or doesn't.
  • Your family is your cheerleading squad...on the sidelines of whatever it is that you're doing.
  • Hard work pays off in the end, if you don't succeed you can only have 1 other option, try again. 
  • Wear what you want, what makes your:  head spin, your eyes wander, your heart flutter and your brain wonder a.k.a. why we are haunted by the things we never bought.
  • Have fun, go with the flow - to an extent, get things done and enjoy yourself [and the event].
Thank You to JMS studios for some of these fabulous photos from the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment