Saturday, July 25, 2015

I Have A Blazer For That

Summer in Rochester is quite difficult to dress accordingly for. Not only are you battling the sporadic heat waves most days, but there are always other variables thrown in the crazy weather mix that throw off your look. One day it will be the humidity and the next it will be the torrential rain combo gale force winds. Therefore one must always be wary when they hear the weatherman on TV or check the days forecast on their phone. Dressing for the Upstate NY weather is easily conquered and accomplished when you have the right shoes and layers. Anything that is casual can be dressed up for a day to night look in the city; ready to head to dinner and drinks after a day out and about. 


I love visiting this house in particular because it is so rich in history, yet absolutely gorgeous. You could sit and stare at the flowers or grapes growing for hours on end - each garden is really a sight for sore eyes (in Rochester). All of the design elements and both the exterior/interior details, are SO inspiring. They definitely provide a looking glass to styles past and present, where they meet and how things have evolved. 
I love hanging out with my family in the summer and I was so excited to be able to spend time with both of my parents on this Friday outing. I was not feeling good this week so the food, sun, flowers and art were an epic cure. 
Personally, I think that I change my style based on my location and plans for the day. Being that I am home working and interning for the summer [ :( ] I have really been experimenting with business casual. Trying to make it work with what I like and what I think my Rochester style seems to be for the summer --> Easy-going, cool, collected and fashion forward. That sounds insane and intense - but you'll see that it really works for this laid-back city with temperamental weather patterns…and people [x]
Without further adieu - my get out there it's SUMMER even though you're in Rochester look.

  • Vintage Blazer: A fashion statement and must have for a chic military inspired look - in any season!
  • SHORTS: Lightweight and drapey; with a slightly raised waist, tie belt, cuffed hems and front pockets.

Vintage Nude Leather Handbag: Perfect for any occasion requiring a lighter carry-all! It also has a chain which is awesome when you're going out and gives a totally different look. (Found at a Vintage Store on Via Faenza, Firenze when I studied abroad - 7(??) Euro and I'm obsessed, but the name of the location is unknown. Similar Style)
Just making sure the lace-up detail was visible…worked out candidly.
Summer happenings - do the random and unexpected.
Espadrille Wedge Sandals: STRAPPY, fun lace up sandals; the nude leather really made the clutch I wanted to use work with the color palette. I always try to keep the range of colors minimal (plain white/cotton shirt) and match any variations to at least one other piece:

 [Wedge sandals + clutch = nude --> gold/brown jewelery (Bracelets: Alex & Ani,
Sunglasses: Michael Kors
Ring: Vintage Emerald/Gold, Watch: Brown & Gold Marc Jacobs, 
Earrings: Pink and gold flower posts)
Shorts: FabFound at Marshalls 
+Blazer --> Gold Buttons: Vintage = Army/Olive shade]
I felt like I was back in Italy with this fountain etc...                                    
Everything was just right! Definitely comfortable enough to walk around some spectacular gardens and see the amazing history this house has to offer!

One of the sprawling yet stunning gardens at this home, the Terrace Garden.
PS: They were setting up for a wedding - how mahhhhjorrr would this be for a ceremony/reception?!?! #lovelovelove

No comments:

Post a Comment