Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Midsummer-night's Trench

Weekly Article Rundown: 
The Modern Trench Coat as seen, for those whom follow my Internship as a Style Guru with College Fashionista, on the site last Wednesday! I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I will be joining the team again for the Fall semester. I am beyond thrilled to have been accepted for another season of sharing fashion, trends and streetstyle from my Upstate NY College Campus. I really hope to continue to improve my blogging/writing & editorial skills as this new experience continues. Something NEW and unlike this season is  starting this semester - posts will only occur 1x per MONTH, therefore I will be much more active here. Not to mention, I hope that my posts with CFashionista will be the best yet, stay tuned [xoxo]. Something else I am really looking forward to is trying to capture a lot more new and stylish fashionista/o's on campus! Making their photos just right from Beauty Bar topics, to outfit snapshots, to minor styling/detail-shots. In the meantime, see where the Drapey Trench Look started for me...

INSPIRATION FOR THIS LOOK?!
#sorrynotsorry - love her style.
 This outfit is obviously from more than a few months ago - BUT this is how I discovered & decided to buy my own. Thus, sharing seemed obligatory. 


It is SO versatile & easy to wear: a) It can be paired with anything - pants (denim etc.), a dress, shorts… 
b)It is so lightweight that it's a breeze to wear and perfect if you're looking for another layer to cover up with.
c)It looks so chic and high fashion you will want to wear it year round; not to mention the wide range of price points for such a piece! 1. Tan - $ 2.  Camel - $$ 3. Beige (Nude) - $$$


I was just trying to pair something out of the ordinary for a day of errands and what not.
Everything always seems to fall together once you decide what few pieces you definitely want to wear. 
--> Sam Edelman Circus Booties & Pink Silky Trench, followed by the NYDJ skinny denim
(FYI the best jeans I have ever owned), paired with the striped/semi-seethrough blouse. 




















The accessories were in accordance with the color palette, matching tones of the bangles & my draped chain necklace. This was another combination that was unexpected but worked better than anything I had thought of initially. The way the chain fell with the v-neck of the blouse looked sort of like armor.
 It also seemed to say a little more than your run of the mill statement neckwear.






"Things are getting very luxe, very fast for the wardrobe staple. Trenches are being done up in leather and suede, with fur trim and patchwork fabrications—and the Pre-Fall collections are just getting started. Peruse the trench coats to look forward to, and the best of Pre-Fall 2015 so far."



As previously mentioned in my Article with CFashionista, these accessories are so fun and positive! I love to wear them because they're a sure sign that my day will end well. The Iacucci leather handbag is the ultimate in carry-all leather bags, it has a high end look with a unique closure/handle style!

If you want to re-create an outfit along these lines keep a few things in mind: wear what you like, whatever comes to mind - AT LEAST TRY IT because you never know, and always be confident!

No comments:

Post a Comment