Monday, May 4, 2015

Some of this & a little of that...


TODAY'S OUTFIT OF THE DAY:

  1. Vintage, Green Striped Blazer (from my favorite vintage shop near the Finger Lakes!)
  2. Nautical Tank (Brand:Sinful)
  3. White-boyfriend-distressed-denim (Brand: American Eagle)
  4. Laser Cut, lace-up, Stacked-Heel (Brand: Jeffrey Campbell - VonMaur, Eastview)
  5. Accessories: Belt - Hermes, Bag - Marshall's find! (+silver cut-out ring), Silver Watch with Pink Face - Movado, Hand of Fatima Bracelet - Kay Jewelers, Betsey Johnson fancy frog earrings & Vintage metal-wrap ring.
This was a much anticipated outfit & post due to Upstate's never ending winter months, and because I was dying for a white and green striped top. It all began with this Kim K. #ootd:
…So as usual, anytime I need to find something that appears to be a men's shirt from the 90's (i.e. an olive green oversized tee) I immediately head to my Dad's walk-in to find what I'm looking for. However, the one time my dad lost or got rid of a clothing item in his life (the era is always irrelevant) it just so happens to be the striped shirt that was almost identical to Kim's. So my search continued until luckily one day while perusing the Vintage Racks, I found the perfect outfit-replacement blazer; even with todays heat-wave the layers were super light and comfortable, heels too!
  • Please feel free to share your thoughts, opinions & suggestions - anywhere through my social media!
  • Check out your own local Vintage Shops and see what old items you can turn into trendy styles - I promise you'll at least have a fun afternoon trying on garments!
  • Rule of thumb, when in doubt visit your parents closet for new additions to your wardrobe (if they're "clothes hoarders" especially - my dad still has his members only jacket, god bless!)
  • Finally, with all of this warm weather and my lazy habits that have luckily for me turned into the hottest runway trend - TRY going natural for a day, makeup, hair, skin, nails…see how it feels, give it a go and take care of your skin, moisturize year round & SPF 30+ (oil-free of course!)
PS: I'm so pleased to say that I will officially be a style guru for College Fashionista this summer as a #GCCstyle representative - so stay tuned for much, much more streetstyle, looks & everything fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment