Monday, September 14, 2015

ACWC Fashion as Art Exhibit








Hello and welcome to the digital version I've created of the Art Exhibit from the Wyoming County Arts Council. This exhibit was curated and put together thanks in large parts to Jessie Barth and all who helped gather amazing vintage finds! My personal role in the exhibit ranged from styling to clothing selection and layout planning. This was such an amazing experience and I am thrilled to be able to share the final outcome with all of you. I became a part of this 40th anniversary celebration a little less than one year ago through a school internship. My fashion business program in Upstate, NY might not sound like the place where career experiences for the industry can occur. However, after having completed my first two semesters, I can tell you firsthand that I am learning (both inside and outside the classroom) ways to improve myself to reach my goals. As you can see, the exhibit starts with the year 1970- and continues on through the fashions of the millennium and today. Many of the pieces pictured belong to my own  personal, extensive vintage wardrobe collection. Luckily, I have been blessed with two parents who know/understand how to dress and  I was fortunate enough to use their blazers, sport coats, separates, neckwear and outerwear. If that sense of style was passed on to me, it of course hit a nerve with my two older sisters, hence Lea's black dress (with floral beading pictured above). I hope you enjoy these photographs, though they don't quite do the actual exhibit justice xoxo  ---> Learn more ACWC Perry, NY